Shower Curtain Chronicles: I'm A TV Star...Again!

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm A TV Star...Again!

This morning KSTP TV, again, ran a sound byte they got from me at the Capitol a few weeks ago saying roughly, that it's not fair that same-sex couples don't have the same rights and responsibilities as different-sex couples. A few people came up and mentioned seeing it while I was protesting at the Capitol this morning including a state trooper. He told me that when a security person gets caught in the camera shot that that person has to bring donuts for the others and apparently one of them was in the background of my piece. I didn't understand what he meant at first and volunteered to bring the donuts myself. I might do it anyway, they're a good bunch.
The only opposing viewpoint aired, as with the previous time, was from Senator, Warren Limmer talking about how these gay-friendly measures before the legislature this session will lead to gay marriage. He's a pleasant enough guy and I am inclined to want to be friendly to him, but then I remember the fact that he is trying to prohibit people from seeing their spouse in the hospital. How devoid of humanity does one have to be in order to take such a position?
Anyway, I think television exposure like this enhances the credibility of my protest. In fact, since that television spot, I'm absolutely sure that those SEVENTEEN House Democrats that VOTED AGAINST DOMESTIC PARTNER BENEFITS FOR STATE WORKERS yesterday, will see the error of their ways and now insist on making same-sex marriage legal in the state of Minnesota. Un-fucking-believable. The domestic partner benefits still passed because, thankfully, there were enough human beings voting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home