Shower Curtain Chronicles: Interest In Lawsuit Continues To Grow

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Interest In Lawsuit Continues To Grow

Nine families are now preparing to sue the State of Minnesota to end marriage discrimination. We have had to find a larger venue for our meetings. The network is expanding as new couples join us and pass the word to their friends.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a 33yr old gay man . I don't get out to the bars really (a recovering meth addict of 5 1/2 years) , so I'm not really in the know of the community. I live my life in my own little world. Here's the thing - with this past weeks election walls were broken down, electing Obama President, but more walls were put up in Arizona, California, Florida and Arkansas. It has really frustrated me, angered me and saddened me. In California, as you may be aware, this past weekend was filled with protests over Prop.8. It made me want to do something too. But, as I said, I'm a bit of home body. I mean what can I do. Well, I was checking things out online and saw Jointheimpact.com .
    They are asking the gay community and our friends and family to stand together for equal rights. On Nov. 15th (this Saturday) the folks at JoinTheImpact are organizing a national day of marriage equality, pro-GLBT rights protests on November 15, on the steps of every city hall at 1:30 P.M. EST so 12:30 my time in Mpls.

    I was hoping that you at your blog could somehow put the word out. I have a small group of friends, so I thought you all at your blog would be in a better position than I. I don't have a blog and we need everyone across the nation to find out about Nov.15th

    http://www.JoinTheImpact.com/national.pdf is a sign to print up. I see this more than just a California problem. I see this more than justProp 8 -it's about equal rights. I can't organize an event (really I know 10 people tops), I've sent emails to The Saloon, the Gay 90's, The TC Gay Mens Chorus, Lavender, Vera's , Outfront, and several other places but I don't know what more I can domyself. I don't work a traditional job, I daycare for my niece(2 1/2) and nephew (5) so I don't have coworkers to spread the word to. Just wondering if you can help spread the word.


    Thanks for your time
    Dustin

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Doug said…

    We're on it buddy. Thanks for the heads up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home