Shower Curtain Chronicles: Presidents Day Protest Going Well

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Presidents Day Protest Going Well

This photo was taken at this morning's protest at the entrance to the Senate. The young woman who's girl friend took the picture was touring the Capitol and wanted a souvinir. I wish I had thought to offer to take a picture, with their camera, of the two of them behind the banner. Oh well.

Lobbyist, Tom Lehman told me this morning that today is the only day the legislature will be meeting this week. The legislators will be attending meetings around the state on Thursday, taking the pulse of the citizenry on budget issues.

I met Coleen Rowley while protesting this morning. She was walking around the Capitol with David Strand who is trying to find a legislator to carry a bill repealing the state's version of the unnecessary, unconstitutional and oppressive, so called "Patriot Act." She was very nice. I told her I never thought an FBI agent would be my hero, but she certainly is after blowing the whistle on pre-911 misdealings by the agency.

-More after the House protest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home