Shower Curtain Chronicles: Today's Capitol Blogging

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Today's Capitol Blogging

Just got back from blogging both houses of the legislature. The House met at 10:00 and the Senate at 11:00 so I was able to cover both handily. After the representatives had all filed in and the doors closed on the House, I packed up and moved over to the Senate. I'd like to provide you with a picture of the shower curtain du jour but "blogger" sucks unmercifully and frequently so I can't upload one.
Saw Rep. Mary Murphy for the first time this session. We hugged and then she told the people around us that I was her student. True. I added "former" student. In 1970, she was my high school American History teacher in Duluth. She was funny and good natured then and still is.
The leaders from the other side have been sculking around. I don't know if they have other evil to spread when they're not flogging marriage or if they are dedicated full time to anti-gay marriage. If the latter is true then they seem to be trying to pick up on conversations I'm having with lawmakers. One of them is this guy that could be best described as a disturbed hobbit who suddenly appeared from behind a pillar after I spoke with Scott Dibble. The one I refer to as "closet case" took a picture of me on opening day. And of course there was "fancy pants" Prichard lurking behind me on Monday. Paranoid? Perhaps. But, it wouldn't be out of character for this bunch to be spying. Remember Bachmann squatting in the bushes at the Capitol, peeping at the queers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home