Shower Curtain Chronicles: A Capitol Double Header Today

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Capitol Double Header Today

It was a double header today at the Capitol. The Senate and House had regular floor sessions in the morning and then there was a joint session at 6:00 to elect U of M regents. I was there for it all.

This morning in front of the House I had a chance to talk with Rep. Cy Thao for a little bit. I asked him if he knew which bill Rep. Frank Hornstein had amended to include domestic partners. He thought it was a "teacher insurance" bill.

In a previous conversation I had with Rep. Thao, he said that if a marriage equality bill comes to the floor of the House, "I will vote for it." I say let's give him one! Way to go Rep. Thao!

There was a group advocating for the arts today, so as you can imagine there was a lot of support expressed for the marriage equality message as these folks passed by. In fact, on the Senate side, as two young female arts boosters with piercings and magenta hair passed by on their way to go down the stairs, they stopped and grabbed my arms, thanking me for being there advocating for marriage equality. It was very crowded at the top of the Senate stairs so the people behind them trying to get down the stairs had to wait while these young women were talking to me. The person stalled immediately behind this love fest, having to take it all in was Rep. Mary Liz Holberg, House sponsor of the failed anti-gay marriage amendment in previous sessions.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home