Shower Curtain Chronicles: The Best Thing That Happened Today

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Best Thing That Happened Today

There was a busload of high school kids from Lake of the Woods at the Capitol today. That's a long haul. Anyway, they were having a group picture taken on the lower part of the Senate stairs when a number of girls from the group came up to the top where I was protesting and asked if they could have their picture taken with me. Delighted, I said yes and asked them if they would like to hold the banner. They did, and were all standing behind the banner with me posing for pictures being taken by a couple of boys with several cameras. I only wish I had asked them to take one with my camera so I could post it here. Afterwords, one of the Capitol security guys came up and said, "You've become quite a celebrity." I sure felt like one. They were great. I gave them all Marriage Equality stickers as a souvenir.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home