Shower Curtain Chronicles: Special Session Report

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Special Session Report

Arriving at the Capitol a little after 4 PM, I positioned myself in front of the House chamber with the "LET ME MARRY MY PARTNER OF 16 YEARS" shower curtain. Some of the usual lobbyists were there and we traded stories of summer trips. The House Chaplain stopped on his way in and we chatted briefly. I stayed until the House DFLers made their way by en masse, having finished their pre-session caucus. There were many greetings and encouragements for my cause.

Just before 5:00 I hurried over to the Senate to see if I could catch some on their way in. Mee Mua came up and offered her hand and Scott Dibble as well. I had missed most of the senators entering while I was in front of the House. Oh well. The message was present for the special session and that's what counts.

The only excitement came when a group of transportation advocates marched through the building carrying a picture of the 35W bridge collapse and chanting slogans promoting the passage of a transportation bill. As they passed by me on the Senate stairs, one of them turned to me and said, "I agree with you." I agree with him too.

I packed up and made my way down the Senate stairs about 5:15.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home