Shower Curtain Chronicles: Can Anyone Identify This Ass?

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Can Anyone Identify This Ass?

Wednesday was my last day in Washington so I wanted to get a souvenir protest picture. The hunger striker and the presidential candidate guy were there so I went over and asked if one of them would take my picture. The presidential candidate volunteered and after I was in position he asked if I wanted to wait for a Republican Congressman to go by. I laughed and told him that might take awhile. Then just as he was about to take the picture, the ass pictured here walks by and says, "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, buddy." The presidential candidate guy says to the Republican, "Hey, let me take your picture!" but the ass kept walking. I asked presidential candidate guy if he got a picture. He said loudly, "Yeah, running away!," chiding the hit and run bigot. Well, I know who I'm voting for...er...a name would be helpful.




That's the presidential candidate guy giving the peace sign, the hunger striker to the right and the guy on the left, I don't know.




Me at the Cannon Office Building.










Duane and me in front of the Supreme Court, Sunday.








The three day protest brought far too many expressions of support to recount. The most frequent gesture was just a thumbs up but some said, "You're right," or "It's coming," or "I support you." I'd love to do it again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home