Shower Curtain Chronicles: Marriage Bill Ready To Be Dropped In

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Marriage Bill Ready To Be Dropped In

Today I finished collecting a full slate of co-authors for both the House and Senate bills. The "Marriage And Family Protection Act" is carried in the House of Representatives by Representative, Mike Jaros and co-authored by Representatives, Phyllis Kahn, Karen Clark, Cy Thao and Alice Hausman. The Senate bill is carried by Senator, John Marty and co-authored by Senators, Patrcia Torres Ray, Linda Higgins, Sandra Pappas and Mee Moua. I returned the bill to Senator Marty's office this morning after getting the last signature. Tomorrow, I'll get the House bill back to Rep. Jaros. It should be dropped in next week. Thank you to all those who have signed on to the bill.

It's in the hands of the authors now. They will move quickly to introduce it and I will urge them to move its passage from the floor. I believe it will pass the legislature because there are so many lawmakers that have expressed their support to me during my years of daily protesting for marriage equality inside the Capitol.

The Senate meets tomorrow at 10:30; House at Noon. I'll be there doing the usual thing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home