Shower Curtain Chronicles: Lobby Day Morning Protest

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lobby Day Morning Protest

I started at the House and moved over to the Senate when the doors closed. I addressed a group of volunteer pages this morning. Steve, the director of the page program usually brings the new groups over to me. They gather around as I stand there with the shower curtain and I introduce myself as the Protester Exhibit. It's always good for a chuckle. I give them a quick explanation of why I'm there; "I'm here because I think same-sex couples should have the same ability to legally marry as, etc... " They're always interested and very polite. Some express support. At the end, I always thank them for volunteering as pages and tell them why I think it's important, then Steve leads them away.

Well, I'm at Black Dog having coffee right now, but I'm headed back to the Capitol for the Lobby Day Rally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home