Shower Curtain Chronicles: A Message From The Speaker

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Message From The Speaker

Dear Queers,

About Marriage Equality going nowhere this session...SORRY. We're not avoiding dealing with it, it's just that BUDGETS COME FIRST! You can't have civil rights AND A BUDGET! Never mind about Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire passing marriage equality - they don't have budgets to deal with. And then there's healthcare. WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?

Maybe we'll do something next year. Oh wait, that's an election year...SORRY. Two years from now...nope. We'll be just two years from the next election and there might be another Gail Kulick Jackson who's seat we need to protect. SORRY QUEERS! Better luck next decade...or whenever.

And, just let me say for the record, I DID NOT tell the chairman of the Civil Justice Committee, "NO MARRIAGE EQUALITY BILL HEARINGS THIS SESSION." I didn't. The Speaker of the House, who appoints and removes committee chairs, does not have that kind of influence anyway.

Remember, I'm from the gayest district in the state. EVERYBODY knows I LOVE THE GAYS and they love me. Don't be left out. Go to my campaign website and contribute. Did I mention I'm running for governor? Oh yeah, and just imagine how great things will be for the gays if I get into a position of power.

See you all at Pride!

Simply,
Margaret

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home