Shower Curtain Chronicles: Wednesday's Protest

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wednesday's Protest

I used the "LET ME MARRY MY PARTNER OF 18 YEARS" shower curtain today, as yesterday. It really seems to touch people.

No DFL Caucus today on the House side so everyone just wandered in. I like that better. It gives me a chance to chat with people. When they come from caucus, they go by in a big herd and I miss contact with a lot of them.

Kelly Lewis from OutFront was there today. I've never seen her lobbying before. She was there for the House vote on the anti-bullying bill and didn't seem optimistic.

During the break, I had coffee at Amore Coffee in St. Paul. Never been there before. It's very good and very gay.

The Senate only started twenty minutes late. That was okay because I got to see just about everybody. Monica Meyer stopped by to inform me of the exciting Maine news. She had the message on her Blackberry and was very elated. Me too. It was fun telling some of the Senators the news. It really is great to be protesting for marriage equality at the Capitol and getting news about another state doing what should have been done here years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home