Shower Curtain Chronicles: "My Little Brother Finally Came Out"

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Monday, February 14, 2011

"My Little Brother Finally Came Out"

A young lobbyist planted herself against the railing near where I was protesting at the top of the Senate stairs this morning and without looking at me, said, "I'm so glad to see you here again." And then she began to tear up, saying, "I just think you're amazing to keep doing this." After I playfully told her she was amazing, she went on to say that her little brother had "finally" come out of the closet; that she had known since he was nearly a toddler that he was gay and now his coming out as a young man was a relief for her. Unfortunately, their father is not accepting of his gay son. She sarcastically snarls the word "christian" in reference to him and says he is anything but...

So, big sister has taken her little brother into her own home where he will have the love and acceptance of family. I told her how lucky her little brother is to have such a wonderful sister to look out for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home