Shower Curtain Chronicles: Future Farmers At The Capitol

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Future Farmers At The Capitol

Lots of people at the Capitol today, most of them members of the Future Farmers of America (FFA). The youngsters were wearing purple, uniform jackets that denoted the towns they were from. There were groups of them making their way around the Capitol and one passed by, reading the banner while I was in front of the House. I noticed that two teenage girls in the group, after the group had stalled nearby, were standing arm in arm. I thought at first, that they might be just nervously acting out in reaction to the "gay" banner, but they weren't acting silly or even smiling, and they were well past where I was standing. Later, I saw them again with their group on the Senate side, still arm in arm. Hm. I really hope their story is that they're just a young lesbian couple that feels comfortable being out in the FFA. What a hopeful story that would be. Am I old?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home