Shower Curtain Chronicles: Marriage Equality For Caribou

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Marriage Equality For Caribou

In speaking with the nice state trooper in front of the House this morning I learned that security will have twenty four hour coverage at the House chambers starting on Thursday. I suppose there's no way to avoid those marathon sessions at the end like this when you have a divided government. Monday is supposed to be the last day of the session but I wouldn't count on it. Rep. Jim Davnie asked me this morning what I was going to do with my time starting Tuesday after the session is over. Of course, the answer is: I'll find other people to bother.

The Senate postponed its floor session to 1:00 so I'm blowing it off today. I didn't find out about the postponement until I was done with the House. They made the change at 11:00 last night according to the clerk at the Senate Information Office.

As I was getting coffee this morning at a St. Paul Caribou, one of the baristas said she liked my "Marriage Equality" sticker and kind of mumbled a desire to get one if I knew where they could be gotten. I was happy to give her one from the stack in my pocket. The other baristas also wanted stickers and I had enough for all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home