Shower Curtain Chronicles: Mayors' Day At The Capitol

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mayors' Day At The Capitol

Mayors were all over the Capitol today. I had a brief encounter with Mpls. Mayor, R.T. Rybak(left). He read the shower curtain, "SAME-SEX SAME RIGHTS," looked me in the eye and said, "You're right." Of course, I was also wearing a t-shirt that read, "SECOND CLASS CITIZEN"...oh well.
St. Paul Mayor, Chris Coleman was strolling around the hall in front of the House, as well, wearing those glasses that make him look totally gay. We acknowledged each other's existence as he passed by.
I had a nice chat with the mayor of Rosemount. He asked me if I was with an organization and I told him, "No, I'm just a disgruntled asshole that comes here everyday." He replied that he thinks impassioned individuals acting alone have more power than organizations. I said, "I hope you're right."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home