Shower Curtain Chronicles: PICTURES

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

PICTURES

Yesterday, these folks(left) demonstrating for medical marijuana across from me on the stairs, had a nice victory in the Senate. Good. I took a picture for them with their camera and they reciprocated.
These men(left) were demonstrating on the Capitol steps when I arrived yesterday demanding that more government construction contracts go the African-American firms. Nice signs.
Also, yesterday a group of high school age, female pages stopped to ask some questions about my activities in front of the House. One of the young women who seemed particularly enthusiastic about my activism stopped by today, as well, to have her picture taken with me while she helped hold the banner. I think she felt supported by my message, and that is so gratifying I can't tell you. It is the best thing about demonstrating at the Capitol. Kids come to the Capitol by the busloads from all over the state and many groups go right by my gay-affirming banners. Most importantly, is that the gay kids go right by my gay-affirming banners. I hope it helps.
Former House Speaker, Dee Long plopped down on a bench next to where I was demonstrating in front of the House this morning. I asked her how she was. She said she was fine, then jumped up and scambled away. Sorry!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home