Shower Curtain Chronicles: "You've Been Noticed"

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Monday, May 21, 2007

"You've Been Noticed"

Last Thursday, DFL Representative, Tom Rukavina from the Range came up to me while I was sitting on a bench near the Senate and congratulated me on my stamina in showing up and protesting every day. I told him it was no big deal to stand with a sign for a little while and split. He laughed and said, "Well, you've been noticed." I appreciated his gesture.
Too bad my being noticed didn't result in the DFL not stripping every reference to domestic partners from every bill. Pawlenty is despicable for vetoing what gay-friendly legislation did get through and for threatening to veto more, but the DFL caved early and often and it's sad. So, the spouses of queer state and municipal workers can just die for lack of health care while their heterosexual coworkers' families thrive, but hey, Minnesota's gonna get a fucking "Poet Laureate!" No shit!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home