Shower Curtain Chronicles: Thursday's Protest

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Thursday's Protest

Nothing exceptional happened in front of the House. They were nearly a half hour late getting started but considering that they were in session until 2:30 the next morning... The lead engineer asked where I'd been. He never fails to come over and say hi to the protester. Another good egg. Rep. Erin Murphy looked at me earnestly on her way into the chamber and said, "I'm glad you're here." You can't beat that for a shot in the arm.

I walked over to Senate side before I left, just to see if the doors were still open. They were, so I set up shop with the smaller "MAKE MY FAMILY LEGAL" sign. Welfare Rights was there too so I didn't want to take up too much room. The DFL was still caucusing when I got there so I was able to catch most of them when they finished and marched up the treacherous Senate stairs. Everyone made it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home