Shower Curtain Chronicles: More Anti-Choice Day

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Monday, January 22, 2007

More Anti-Choice Day

I started out in front of the Senate with the CIVIL MARRIAGE IS A CIVIL RIGHT AND HUMAN RIGHT shower curtain. An interesting man with a camera came up and we had a discussion about the holocaust, local hate groups and lamented the passing of the pink triangle. We agreed that the pink triangle was the best symbol because of its historical significance. He related that he is a gypsy and that the nazis made the gypsies wear brown triangles.
Later, over at the House, I was accosted by an anti-choice woman who apparently had been employed by god as a spokesperson. The boundless arrogance of these people is astounding. It should be noted that these are the same people who were at the Capitol demanding an amendment to the Constitution last year that would make equality illegal.
There were positive affirmations from several legislators that I know and from some that I don't. I'll have to look them up in the directory. A young man chased me down as I was leaving just to thank me for being there with my sign. That was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home