Shower Curtain Chronicles: Today's Capitol Blogging

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Today's Capitol Blogging

It was debut day for this shower curtain at the Capitol. Premiers are so much fun. I used a narrower brush on this one, hoping to fit the words in with a bit less sweating. There's nothing worse than spending an hour painting nice even letters then realizing you'll have to squish everything together at the end to fit the last word in . Oh well, the important thing is to get the words down and get it out there.
When I was in front of the House today, a DFL legislator came up and asked me why I was there everyday. I said I made a commitment to be there the entire session because I want to keep marriage equality on the minds of legislators. The legislator asked if anything was coming up this session. I said I don't know but I hope so. The legislator then said if marriage equality comes to the floor, "I'll vote for it."
At the Senate side, a DFL senator who never says anything to me even though I regularly greet her with good morning, came up to me and only said disgustedly, "There's no one here anymore that disagrees with you." As if to say, why don't you go away? or why can't you just be happy as a second class citizen and leave us alone? Apparently, the senator is bothered by my message demanding equality for gay families. Good. That's why I'm there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home