Shower Curtain Chronicles: Jungbauer Revised

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Jungbauer Revised

You may recall that I had a conversation with Senator Jungbauer in his office this session which was prompted by his statement to me on the Senate stairs that a constituent had basically changed his mind about marriage equality. During that conversation in his office, he indicated that he supported official recognition of same-sex relationships and went so far as to try to persuade me that "separate but EQUAL", a concept I reject, was the road to full equality. Unfortunately, the road, like the garden path I was being led down, was paved with bullshit.
The REAL Jungbauer turned around and voted against every bill having to do with providing the smallest measure of equity to same-sex couples in this legislative session. He actually voted twice, against the right of same-sex partners to VISIT EACH OTHER IN THE HOSPITAL!
I sincerely apologize for having so foolishly reported on my meeting with Jungbauer with such naive optimism. I won't be making that mistake again with others of his ilk. And, what I said about "Christian Conservative" not necessarily meaning "closed minded?"...oh please. I should have known better.
I still don't get why he invited me to his office to jack me off for a half hour about equity for same-sex couples when I can't even vote for him. If he thought a favorable right up in this blog would somehow help him with gay voters, he's a bigger fool than I am. I suppose like so many other Christians, he acts out of bigotry and malice toward his neighbor but still demands to be thought of as a good person...even by his victims. They'll keep telling you they "love" you as they're putting a match to the bundle of sticks under your feet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home