Shower Curtain Chronicles: Bigot On The Air

Shower Curtain Chronicles

Latex painted shower curtains make great, cheap, waterproof banners to display at demonstrations, over freeways or anyplace you want to take it to the anti-gay, anti-Constitution fascists. This blog will feature banners I've made over the years, commentary on the outrages du jour, general observations and accounts of the latest actions by our blog troop as we wield the bathroom accessory cum political billboard.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Bigot On The Air

Anti-gay bigot, Governor Tim Pawlenty appeared on Minnesota Public Radio's "Midday" program to flog his agenda today while this sign appeared before the public on the sidewalks outside the MPR building for the duration of the show. I called the station a few minutes before I got there to let them know there would be a picket outside to call attention to the fact that the governor is an anti-gay bigot. I didn't bother telling them it would be ONE picketer.
The moment I got set up, a truck from the Department of Homeland Security crawled by. Then a few minutes later he came by again. Oh please.
There was a lot of support for this message. I'm sure the gay people passing by got it immediately but some people asked what makes the governor a bigot. I would tell them that he uses the power of his office to enforce his personal prejudices against gay people.
One neat-looking, middle aged man in shorts and a golf shirt crossed the street toward me and snorted, "Ya know I hate the governor with a passion, man."
Another man, appearing to me to be a "member of the guild," came up from behind me and voiced an emphatic, "Right on!"
Someone turning the corner yelled from the open window of his aging Cadillac, "You're wrong, he's an idiot!" I replied, "He's both!" The man laughed.
In the midst of a flurry of cars honking their horns, a young man passed by and said, "If I could find a horn, I'd honk it."
Across Cedar Street from me, a well-dressed young man shouted to me, "Is he on the air?" I indicated that he was. Then, the man yelled, "Well, I agree with you!"
There were many honks and thumbs ups (and a couple fingers) throughout the hour that I was there. I left shortly after Noon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home